Wednesday, January 22, 2014

K-12 Technology benefits

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with technology based classrooms. There are definitely pros and cons to technology. I disagree with basing the whole class on technology because I feel like it'll make the students rely on technology way too much. As a teacher I would explain to parents of a k-12 student about technology along these lines. Let's say for instance in a 3rd grade math class learning division, if it's on the computer, I'm sure with the experience they've had in the past they know how to use the calculator. What is using the calculator going to teach them? To type in numbers? For that situation it's better to learn on paper with a pencil. But like I said there are always pros. For instance a physical education class; I witnessed a P.E teacher pull up a 3D diagram on the projector on the human body and all the muscles, showing what workouts work which muscles. I thought that would be a lot easier to learn than seeing a diagram in a text book.


1 comment:

  1. There are definitely examples of both the negative and the positive uses of technology in the classroom. The key is to know enough of when to use them appropriately. Unfortunately, for some, they make those decisions without knowing enough about the tools that are available to them. There is SO much and continued technology tools and implications every day!

    ReplyDelete